Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
What is HBOT?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is an innovative treatment that combines breathing 100% oxygen in an environment with greater than normal atmospheric pressure.
How does HBOT work?
This medical treatment increases blood oxygen concentration and delivers more oxygen to damaged tissue. Increased blood oxygen content has many beneficial effects, particularly for chronic inflammatory conditions. These effects result in an improved ability for the body to heal by:
- Dramatically increasing oxygen concentration in the body’s tissue,
- Promoting the development of new blood vessels to better supply the body’s cells with oxygen,
- Boosting the immune system, and
- Increasing white blood cell production and activity.
The use of hyperbaric oxygen therapy has been approved by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society for a number of conditions. In addition, the use of HBOT in the treatment of a growing list of conditions has been gaining empirical support. Since opening, we have been successfully providing treatment for the following conditions:
- Anoxic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Lyme Disease
- Sports Injuries/Sports Performance
- And MORE!